‘If it can go wrong, it will go wrong’. Does it feel as though this is your life’s motto? Everything you put your hand to crumbles. All your good intentions fail. Nothing goes right. You get up in the morning, and it’s down hill from there. That’s Murphy’s Law.
I have good news! Let me tell you about God’s Law. His Law is every bit as real as Murphy’s Law and as reliable as the Law of Gravity. It is, however, melded with lots of grace and mercy, and laden down with love and acceptance. Strength and courage are required, but those are just an umph away (that would be British for tri-umph :0)), and direction and purpose can be asked for at any time. Oh yeah, and we can totally trust that “all things work together for our good” if we love and serve the Lord.
After World War II had come to an end, there were some towns and rural areas in Europe where nothing changed. The enemy still engaged in military bullying, lives continued to be snuffed out, Jews stayed in hiding, people remained on guard, all because they didn’t know they were free.
Read God’s word. It is very clear that if you have accepted Him as your Savior and Lord, you now live in freedom. A few folks don’t know that, but many more know it, they just don’t believe it or live it. Jesus died for your freedom from the things that have you tied in knots; depression, sexual sins, inferiority complex, lust, pride, fear, anger, abortion, ___________ (go ahead, fill in your blank), and so much more.
So how can you live in freedom? Here are a few steps from the battle field:
- Surrender to the Lord. Give in. You know you can’t fix what you can’t fix.
- Say you’re sorry for your part in whatever got you to this place and whatever has kept you there.
- Change what needs to be changed. For example; if you have a problem with pornography, get filters on your computer and block channels on your TV. If it’s self-esteem, do not allow your mind to think negative thoughts.
- Read the document. Find out what the Bible says about ___________, then believe it and do it.
- Become a new you. You can do all things through Christ, all things can become new.
- Trust God to be who He says He is and do what He says He will do.
Get started today. Name at least one thing that is holding you captive. Now, begin the process. Freedom is so worth it.